The Patchwork Basket is a UK company specialising in patchwork and quilting products. We also run workshops and classes in patchwork and quilting.
If you are emailing about an order or have a specific enquiry, then please include your name, telephone and postcode and an order number if applicable.
The Patchwork Basket, 8 Church Street, Newent, Glos GL18 1PP
Phone: 01531 822442
Vat No: VAT Number 277472173
Company Registration No: 10621243
If you wish to visit us, our opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm and Saturday 9:30am to 5pm. We are closed on Sunday.
Buying from our website
The prices on this website are in UK British Pounds Sterling, inclusive of VAT. Postage is charged at checkout. A standard £4 charge is made for postage on all online orders to anywhere within the UK.
We are sorry but we do not ship to countries outside of the UK.
All patchwork fabrics are 100% cotton with a nominal width of 106-114cm (42″-44″) unless stated otherwise.
Due to discrepancies between different online devices, we do not recommend trying to colour match from images on our online shop. We do our best to show the true image of the fabrics in our online shop but cannot guarantee the shade will be an exact match.
Fat Quarters and Long Quarters
If you wish to buy fat quarters then please contact us. Quarter metres sold through our online shop will be cut from the bolt by width of fabric, so will be sold as a long quarter.
When we have received your order, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt. If we cannot fulfil your order (for example, if the item is no longer available) we will contact you to arrange a refund or an alternative.
If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, please contact us and we will endeavour to correct the mistake.
Returns & Refunds
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us within 14 days of receiving your order. Please do not return the items without contacting us first.
To be eligible for a refund, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it and it must be in the original packaging.
Some items cannot be returned:
- Used, opened, and/or final sale items cannot be returned.
- Fabric cannot be returned, as it is cut to order, therefore a tailor-made item according to the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2013.
- Patterns & Books cannot be returned due to copyright reasons.
Returns can be made to; The Patchwork Basket, 8 Church Street, Newent GL18 1PP.
Please include full details with returns, including your full name, telephone number and order number. If this information is not included in the package, you risk not receiving a refund as we have no information with which to follow up.
We recommend that you return items in protective packaging with proof of postage. Postage incurred by you in returning items to us will not be refunded. Items received in re-saleable condition can be refunded through your original method of payment. Refunds will include the original postage costs of sending the order to you. Please allow 10 days for refunds to appear on your account.
If you would like to exchange an item, please contact us to arrange.
email@example.com or 01531 822442
workshops and classes
To Book your place
- A deposit is required to ensure your place on a workshop or course. This will be £10 for day workshops or a programme of classes (such as a six-week course). For a mini workshop (lasting two or three hours), the deposit will be £5.
- Deposits are non-refundable if you cancel your place on the course.
- Full payment for a course or workshop is required two weeks before the event date.
If you need to cancel
- If you need to cancel your place on a workshop or class, please call us on 01531 822442.
- Your class fee, minus the deposit, can only be refunded if you give one week’s notice before the class date.
- If you book a course with Mags and are unable to attend all the classes, I will try to help you catch up with the course. This will involve a space at a Sit n Sew session and the relevant notes. If available, I will assist you at the Sit n Sew session, but I cannot provide one-to-one tutoring.
If we need to cancel
We reserve the right to cancel workshops or classes. This may occur due to illness or unforeseen circumstances. It may also happen if we do not have sufficient bookings to run the class. In such an event we will notify you as soon as possible. We may try to reschedule the workshop for another date. If we cancel an event, we will offer a full refund or transfer to an alternative event. We cannot accept liability for any other costs incurred by the customer other than the cost of the workshop.
Information for attending workshops and classes
Please note the start time of your class. You are welcome to arrive up to 15 minutes before class. Please don’t arrive too early, as the tutor needs to prepare for the class. If required, please bring your sewing machine in full working order. If you need to use one of our machines in class, please ask us in advance. We cannot lend machines for customers to take home. Your workshop fee includes tutoring, notes (if provided) and refreshments. Unless otherwise stated, materials are not included in the workshop fee.